- To identify needs and build relationships between the local community and the church.
- Develop a primary school aged kids club (Friday early evening)
- Connect with the families of those children participating in the kids club
- Establish and grow youth work centred around a small group model (Sunday afternoons)
- Involvement in the student mentoring program at Junction Park State School
- Be a part of Sunday morning worship services and children’s church
- Other activities/programs as directed, time permitting.
As Group Leader, you aim to create a growing place for children by:
- Welcoming, supporting and encouraging children to explore more about themselves, others and God in a fun, safe environment.
- Develop a team that is committed, loving and willing to answer God’s call in serving and role modelling His ways to the children that participate.
- See children in our care progressively grow by forming basic Godly values in their day to day lives.
As Group Leader, you aim to work towards the maturity of youth by way of:
- Meaningful engagement with young people.
- Share the gospel with young people.
- Disciple young people in their faith.
- Take care to respect the feelings and privacy of members of the group.
- Encourage and pray for each individual in your group.
- Teach the Bible faithfully and truthfully.
- Model the Christian life to the youth group members.
- Be involved in the planning and implementing of the youth group program.
- Prepare and go through (with co-leaders or trainees) the study or discussion
You are responsible for:
- Creating, together with other leaders, a programme for the term/year
- Looking out for the individuals in your group.
- Being aware of those in your care who may need professional help and support.
- Running the program.
This position has the flexibility to grow and change to align itself with the gifts and skill set of the successful applicant.
- Certificate IV in Youth Work or a willingness to acquire it
- Blue card
- Drivers licence and car
- Part-time (21 hours) – 12 months with a view to evaluate future options pending finance.
- Salary to be determined under Ministry Employment Guidelines for Churches of Christ in Queensland ($20.00 per hour plus super).
- Personal Requirements
- Initiative and leadership qualities;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Able to work independently;
- Non-judgmental attitude;
- Able to plan and organise;
- Flexible hours;
- A genuine relationship with Jesus Christ.